Bred from a racing lineage but built for city streets, the IF Reach DC is a pedal assisted, full suspension, electric bike that folds in as little as 3 seconds.
Featuring the race proven and award winning frame geometry of the Pacific Reach, Pacific's superior, patented Integrated Folding technology, an extremely efficient electric motor built right into the bottom bracket and a full suspension based on that of the legendary Birdy folding bike, the IF Reach DC is all that an urban road machine should be - well balanced, agile, fast, durable, comfortable, fun, enduring and more.
Based on the Pacific Reach (a bike raced successfully by triathletes), the IF Reach has the geometry of a full sized bike but the agility demanded by bike messengers. With 20" wheels and a trailing link performance suspension, jumping curbs on the IF Reach is a piece of cake. And when a car door opens right in front of you or a pedestrian walks blindly into your path, this machine responds with lightning speed.
Patented Integrated Folding (IF) System
On the IF Reach DC, folding was NOT an afterthought.
The folding system employed on the IF Reach is Pacific's patented Integrated Folding mechanism. Instead of using a big hinge that can flex under load, the IF System consists of 2 solid, stainless steel tensioning bars, one on either side of the top tube. The left tension bar is permanently attached on both ends; the right bar is permanently attached at the rear and has a quick release lever on the front.
Folds/Unfolds FAST By Design
By design, the frame folds/unfolds quickly and easily (@ 3 seconds). To fold, flip open the quick release lever on the tensioning bar connecting the 2 halves of the frame (on the bike's right side), then use gravity and weight to guide the magnet at the center of the front wheel to mate precisely with the rear wheel. The bike will now roll when folded with minimal effort or guidance, tracking in a straight line and remaining folded until you want to ride again.
To ride/unfold the bike, twist the handlebars to disengage the wheel magnets holding the bike's 2 wheels together. Drop the right tension bar into the receptacle at the front of the frame. When you hear a "click", close the quick release lever and the bike's ready to ride.
* Frame: Pacific AL7005 aluminum frame with
* Fork: Pacific AL7005 trailing link suspension fork w/pannier & fender mounts
* Rear Shock: Pacific elastomer 120mm w/7075 center shaft
* Color: Gloss black w/silver accents
* Motor: Bottom bracket integrated, torque sensing electric assist type
* Battery Pack: 10AH Lithium Ion; hot swappable
* Charger: 110 volt, 1.2 amp (4-5 hr avg charge time w/depleted battery)
* Cruising Speed: 16-19+ mph (depending on pedaling effort)
* Headset: 1 1/8" w/alloy top cap & 22.2mm star nut
* BB: Proprietary w/integrated electric assist motor built in
* Seat post: Pacific Al 6061 30.90 x 400mm Anodized
* Tires: Innova 20x1-3/8" BK/BSK 45PSI
* Rims: Alex 20x1-1/8(451-15) 32H aluminum alloy, black w/GSW
* Front Hub: Alloy 32H OLD:100mm w/QR (water resistant)
* Rear Hub: Alloy 32H OLD:120mm w/AR-502 QR
* Chainwheel: 27T w/CK-L 160mm crank set & chain guard
* Freewheel: Shimano Alivio CS-HG50-I 8speed 11-30T
* Derailleur: Shimano RD-M410-S Alivei SGS 7/8speed direct attachment
* Shifter: Microshift Thumb-Tap shifter with optical gear indicator
* Saddle: Velo Black,1-01stitching,satin steel rails,silver bumper
* Pedals: VP plastic folding pedal 9/16" BS
* Handlebars: Tranz-X Alloy 6061T6 DB 25.4x520mm 5 degree
* Stem: Pacific Swivel head
* Brake Lever: Tektro forged aluminum, mini V-brake type
Folded Dimensions: 36" x 16" x
Weight: 42 lbs (including the lithium ion battery pack)
Pacific Cycles does not currently offer a carry bag specifically for the IF Reach DC; however, RideTHISbike.com offers a dust/slip cover for the bike so you can keep the bike clean during storage as well as take it aboard mass transit (including when transit regulations require your bike to be covered).
Ships FREE Lower 48 US only. Call 504-324-2492 or email us for shipping quotes to Alaska, Hawaii, APO's & Canada.
Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this description; however, bike specifications, features, and colors are subject to change without prior notice.