iF Reach DC is a pedal assisted electric bike featuring our outstanding Reach frame and iF Technology, allowing it to fold into a compact package for convenient storage and transportation. DC is perfect for RVers, college students, city commuters, or anyone looking for a fun and easy way to get out and about. It is whisper-quiet and with the pedal assist feature, steep hills are not a problem.
Bred from a racing lineage but built for city streets, the IF Reach is all that a bicycle should be. Based on the Pacific Reach (a popular bike among triathletes), the IF Reach has the geometry of a full sized bike but the agility demanded by bike messengers. With 20" wheels and a performance suspension, jumping curbs on the IF Reach is a piece of cake. And when a car door opens right in front of you or a pedestrian walks blindly into your path, this machine responds with lightning speed.
Folds/Unfolds FAST By Design
On the IF Reach, folding was NOT an afterthought. By design, the frame folds/unfolds quickly and easily (@ 3 seconds). When folded, both the front and rear wheels mate up precisely and are held together with magnets, allowing the bike to roll almost effortlessly when folded.
Patented Integrated Folding (IF) System
The folding system employed on the IF Reach is Pacific's patented Integrated Folding mechanism. Instead of using a big hinge that can flex under load, the IF System consists of 2 solid, stainless steel tensioning bars, one on either side of the top tube. The left tension bar is permanently attached on both ends; the right bar is permanently attached at the rear and has a quick release lever on the front. Drop the right tension bar into the receptacle at the front of the frame, then close the quick release lever and the bike's ready to ride. To fold the bike, open the same quick release and lift the right tensioning bar. The left tensioning bar then guides the two halves of the frame smartly together.
* Frame: Pacific AL7005 aluminum frame with
* Fork: Pacific AL7005 trailing link suspension fork
* Color: Glossy black
* Motor: Brushless, 24V, 250W
* Headset: AL-2 1-1/8 H:275mm A-head type
* BB: VP ISIS
* Seat post: Alloy 2D forged head 30.9mm 400mm
* Wheels: 20" (451) Alex VP-15F w/ alloy hubs
* Hubs: Chosen Alloy 32H
* Chain: KMC HG-53
* Freewheel: Cassette 11-30T 8speed
* Rear Derailleur: Shimano Alivio
* Shifter: Shimano Alivio for flat bar
* Saddle: Velo 3126 silver bumper
* Pedals: VP Folding
* Handlebars: Pacific IF Reach Alloy butted 520mm
* Stem: Pacific IF Reach custom alloy folding
* Brakes: Tektro RX5 liner spring design
* Brake Lever: Tektro RX 1.0for mini V-brake
* Suspension Unit: Pacific Elastomer 120mm
* Optional: Carry bag, Rear Carrier, Kickstand, Fenders
Folded Dimensions: 36" x 16" x
Weight: 41 lbs
Ships FREE Lower 48 US only. Call 504-324-2492 or email us for shipping quotes to Alaska, Hawaii, APO's & Canada.
Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this description; however, bike specifications, features, and colors are subject to change without prior notice.